Friday, July 29, 2016

European Baecation - So It Begins


In just a few hours we embark on our first transatlantic trip together. It's been a dream for us pretty much since always. I am pretty happy with myself. I managed to not get completely shit faced last night when I went out. 
This past year I sort of had to live out of my suitcase a lot which has made my packing skills pretty impeccable. 
So we went from this


To this in like no time.


Well known packing techniques I use are:
1) start with the things you can't go without and that would be the most pain to acquire/retrieve while abroad such as a passport. Then move to other things in the order of importance - money, phone, etc.
2) gather all the small miscellaneous stuff first and then move to bigger things. 
3) pack clothes last.
4) pick outfits that can be mixed and matched.
5) roll your clothes. I swear to gawd it works. I don't know why, I don't know how but I do know that you can pack twice as much if you roll your clothes as opposed to fold them.
6) don't stress about forgetting anything other than the items from part 1 of the list. If you need something and don't have it, it will be an awesome opportunity to shop for it.
7) if you have a long flight with a connection, pack your tooth brush in carry-on. Nothing will make you feel better than being able to brush your teeth after 6-7-8 hours on the plane.
8) wear shoes and belts that come off easily cause they will make you take them off at TSA. It is so frustrating being stuck behind someone who decided to fly in their gladiators that take 40 minutes to unlock.
9) no matter how warm blooded you are, you will get cold on the plane. I normally prefer to live in the 60F-70F temperatures but I have to bring a hoodie with me every time I fly. It's a paradox that I got used to.
10) bring ear plugs cause it's one of the two items that will allow you to survive a crying baby. The second item is
Yeah baby nips can go on the plane!!!

And thus I am off...

- Polar Vortex



No comments:

Post a Comment